Tips for Speakers to get Better Conference Results with AV, Meetings Tech and Sound Equipment
by David Staughton CSP CCEO, Keynote Speaker on Business Growth & ‘Growth Habits’ and Expert on Small Business
- Would you like better results at your conference or Event?
- Need some tips for using AV at your conference?
- Are you a Speaker wanting to be more professional on stage?
You can get amazing conference results with better use of better Conference AV & Tech. Here are some useful Tips to help
Tips for Better use of CONFERENCE TECHNOLOGY
- Decide your HASHTAGS and promote their use for online event promotion
- Have FREE conference WI-FI with password
- Have a designated VIDEOGRAPHER and photographer recording the event
- Have a support TECH TEAM table with chargers and cables
- Have a MEDIA WALL for attendee photography
- Use BIG BRANDED SIGNAGE – letters on stage
Tips For Better AV RESULTS
- Engage your AV TEAM – Make friends and learn the NAMES and phone number of your AV guys or Technician on Duty (TOD)
- Bring SPARE CABLES to connect different laptops (Mac, PC, Tablets)
- CHECK ANY VIDEOS will run beforehand (Learn how to troubleshoot no sound or no video)
- Use a BRIGHT PROJECTOR for best results (>3000 lumens – not a dull one)
- AVOID USING TWO OR MORE PROJECTORS of different qualities and brightness
- Watch out for needing to access and run any Big company videos via SECURITY FIREWALLS
- Make sure your VIDEOS ARE EMBEDDED in your presentation – or bring them on a USB Stick when giving them to your AV guys
- Bring SPARE CABLES for your laptop to connect to both VGA or HDMI projectors
Tips For Better CONFERENCE SOUND & ACOUSTICS
- Make sure the sound is GOOD QUALITY – Audience members want to hear clearly
- Avoid NOISE PROBLEMS – Construction noises nearby or a band or loud noises coming from the next room
- LAPEL MICROPHONES for your speakers beat handheld mikes (for amateurs and audience)
- HEADSET MICS beat lapel mics (like Countryman for professionals)
- If you are using lapel or headset mics, NOTIFY all of your speakers to have MIC PACK suitable outfits. Trousers or a belt will be needed to secure the pack
For More Great Conference Ideas Read these…
- Visit Corbin Ball’s Meeting & Event Technology Website – the GURU of Conference Technology
- How to Run a More Successful Conference or Convention
- Conference Design Strategies for an engaging PROGRAM
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & BIG HAT
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Workshops, Webinars and Training on Sales, Service & Strategy using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
Dave’s most popular SPEAKING TOPICS cover Strategy, Service & Sales and Leadership & Teamwork for small business.
He is also a successful serial entrepreneur and an expert on Growing Small Businesses & Groups of Small Businesses.
Dave can offer….
- Conference Speaking & Workshops
- Master of Ceremonies
- Complete Conference Package
- Mentoring & Masterminds
- Business Growth Consulting & Advisory
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me on LINKEDIN.
- Read BLOGS FOR CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
- Read BLOGS ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS
- Read BLOGS FOR PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
NEXT STEPS WITH DAVE
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging Business issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting about your Business or upcoming Conference
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.presentationskillsacademy.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved