Who are the BEST VIDEO EXPERTS to make Conference Videos for Speakers & Presenters?
By David Staughton CSP CCEO, Professional Speaker and Specialist Practice Consultant
- Do you need a “Video Guy”, Video Cameraman or a Videographer to record your conference presentations?
- Want a Video Editor or Video Production to edit & produce your video footage to make you look great?
- Need Visual Experts like a Visual Storyteller & Director to get the right Video Footage and turn it into a Showreel that SELLS?
Videos are a CRITICAL part of your speaker marketing.
Having watched hundreds of them online, most of them really need more effort and the input & advice of Video Experts!
Why you need Great Video as a Speaker
A great SPEAKER VIDEO really beats everything for getting your message across! – better than photos and just words on a page.
A video SHOWREEL is essential for a professional speaker and you’ll need lots of quality video of your onstage presentations and media appearances to assemble a good one.
It is a great idea to RECORD EVERY STAGE PRESENTATION – EVERY TIME – at least audio or video on your phone or on a GoPro and collect professionally done videos for your best/big gigs. You can improve your speaking skills by watching and analysing your presentations on video.
See this awesome BLOG on the 6 types of VIDEOS that you’ll need to promote your speaking business. Amanda Stevens sets the standard for the best marketing use of videos by a speaker.
You’ll just need to find the RIGHT Video people and experts to help grow your speaker brand and speaking business.
Best Video Experts for Speakers – Big Dave’s List
BEST VIDEO CREW FOR CONFERENCES ALL OVER AUSTRALIA
- Joyce Ong New Heights Media (Syd, NSW & Video people all over Australia)
BEST VIDEO CREW IN NSW FOR SPEAKERS
- Zahrina Robertson – Sydney, NSW
- Cristian Trujillo – CreativeCreations.tv – Syd, NSW
- Joyce Ong & Chris Sellers – New Heights Media Sydney NSW
- Melinda Hird NSW – Speaker Video Specialist – Works with Leanne Christie
- Claire Stretch NSW – Video maker for Speakers and L&D trainers
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN MELBOURNE FOR SPEAKERS
- Cameron “Cam” Fink – Melb, VIC – Awesome Video expert for Matt Church’s Thought Leaders
- Andrew Elhay – Melb, VIC
- Anthony Spiteri – Pixel3 Video Melb VIC
- Andrew Gill – Agent Creative Melb VIC
- Alba Prime – Melb, VIC
- Keith Rhodes – Clips that Sell, Melb, VIC
- Gary Hegedus – Melb, VIC (Semi Retired)
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN GOLD COAST FOR SPEAKERS
- Nick from Desert Island Media – Goldcoast, Qld
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN ADELAIDE FOR SPEAKERS
- Daniel Tang – Adel, SA
- Sebastian Rosa – Adel, SA
BEST VIDEO EXPERTS IN USA FOR SPEAKERS
IF ALL ELSE FAILS – AND YOU NEED VIDEO CREW IN ANOTHER LOCATION
VIDEO TIPS FOR SPEAKERS
How to Brief your Video Crew
When organising your Video crew and Video shoots it helps to know what you want and ask for it ….
- Know your OUTCOME – What are you going to do with the video? – for public, internal or private use?
- Do you have PERMISSION from the client, event organisers and audience members?
- FOOTAGE or FINAL EDIT – Are you just getting Video of Speaker on the Stage? or do you want it edited too?
- CAMERA 1 or 2 ? – A Single camera Shoot or Twin Camera shoot? – on the speaker the whole time? or the audience?
- FIXED or MOBILE? – A Fixed Camera or a Moving “Action” camera?
- SLIDES TOO? Do you want to see the Screen & Slides too? or can you add them in afterwards? (Add them in!)
- AUDIO SET UP – How are you getting your Audio? – Feed from AV Desk or wiring up the speaker?
- AUDIENCE – Want Audience Shots? – showing emotional reactions (Laugh, engaging or crying – YES please!)
- VOX POP – Want Vox Pop? – Interviewing Audience Members and getting testimonials pre or post event?
- LIVE FEEDBACK – Want Immediate “Buzzing” Feedback from Organiser or Sponsors?
- B ROLL – Excitement building ‘Behind the Scenes’ shots? – Speaker getting ready, Room/Audience getting prepped that you can voice over
- FINAL CUT WORK – Do you want much Post-production work & Editing or just the raw footage?
- DELIVERY – ON a file sharing platform or a physical Digital Hard drive
For more information on making better Videos visit ….
- Joyce Ong at www.newheightsmedia.com (see her Blog)
- Check out Julian Mathers’ great website www.julianmather.com and download his Free E-Book – GET VIDEO SMART
BEST VIDEO COACHING & VIDEO CONFIDENCE COACH
Need some help feeling more confident on video?
- Yana Martens Video Coach Melb VIC
- Jenny DeLacy – Video Visibility Coach Melb VIC
- Gina Carr USA Gina Carr International Orlando, Florida USA Video Rockz program
BEST VIDEO EDITING & GRAPHICS PROGRAMS – LIST
Here are some useful tools for turning your videos and graphics into artistic productions and sizzle reels.
Video Editing Programs for Video Production
- Imovie – 4K Video movie making (Apple)
- Promo – World’s leading video maker
- Animoto – Video Making Made Easy
- Clips – Videos with captions – Make and share fun videos (Apple)
- Content Samurai – Stunning Videos Fast
- Adobe Spark – Social Graphics and Short Videos
- Shakr.com – make amazing Video Ads & compilations
- Lumen5 – Fastest video making for social media
- Vidnami – Build Your Business With Video
- Quik – GoPro Video editor (Great for quick editing on your phone)
- Kinemaster – Professional mobile Phone Editor (Great for your phone)
- Ripl – Social Media Video Marketing for Small Business
- Inshot – Video Editor and Maker
- INvideo – Online Video Creator
- Hyperlapse – Apple Amazing Timelapse videos
- Biteable – Stunning Video Maker
Video Transcription Tools used by Video Experts – Video Subtitling
About 80% of videos are watched silently (no sound) so every short video you make MUST have subtitles and you can also use the text transcription too when uploading to help SEO. Here are some useful tools…
Online Tools for Making better Videos
- Auphonic – use to fix poor recordings – remove background noise etc
- Teleprompt.me – Turn Your Laptop into a teleprompter (read the script)
- Use Video Editing software – e.g. For apples use Apple imovie or for PC use Filmora (free) or Nero Video ($50)
Graphics Tools for Speakers & Video Experts
- Canva – Graphic Design Tool
- Quicc – Automatic Video Captions
- Mojo – App for Instagram Stories
- Pixaloop – Photo animations
- Giphy – Make short animated GIFS (3 secs) from your video
This blog is a work in progress – Suggestions for other Video Experts specialising in Speakers are welcome!