A great Headshot is absolutely ESSENTIAL for any Speaker or any true Professional.
Preferably an ‘up to date’ headshot picture and one that currently reflects your identity and brand – you need a photographer that can help show the REAL you!
Using an old “dated” photo or a passport snap will just NOT do for your marketing – neither will a “cut out” from a wedding day or formal group picture. You look really fake or inauthentic if you turn up to speak and your photos are dated.
I have had many hundreds of portrait, headshot and action photos taken over the years as a speaker – some snaps went straight to be deleted others were truly amazing.
Some people are naturally photogenic – others (like me) need all the help we can get!
Why you need a Better Headshot
“A POOR Headshot photograph will cost you thousands of dollars in lost prospects & potential business.”
Your speaker headshot photo will be used on your ALL your proposals from speaker bureaus and agencies, all conference marketing materials that you appear in, your own proposals, Social media channels & your Websites and marketing collateral.
Many times it is the first impression on your new prospects and clients. They will judge you on your photo in less than a few seconds.
Many conference and event attendees choose which sessions they will attend based on the LOOK of the speaker headshot photo. Smiley, friendly faces beat sour faces. You want your workshops and events to be FULL of people.
Imagine the difference in conversion rate and income if your NEW headshot photograph looked just 10% better than the last one.
The Secret to a Great Speaker Headshot – Psychology & Mind/Body
Speaker photography is an ART and the best photographers are great at psychology.
Before taking your picture they will work on making you THINK differently which changes your mood, energy and body posture.
This “mind/body” work really shows up in your photos.
A great photographer will get you in the ZONE mentally not just the Photo Shot.
Spending the extra money on your personal branding photography is the best investment you can make in your career and speaking business.
BEST Branding & Headshot Photographers used by Speakers, Presenters & Experts in Australia
These professional photographers can capture your unique brand identity beautifully.
- Zahrina Robertson – Sydney NSW Leading Personal Branding Photographer and Videographer (many Thought Leaders / PSA Speakers use Zahrina)
- Joyce Ong – Sydney NSW – leading photographer, Video expert and event photographer
- Kate Williams – Sydney, NSW – Best Value Headshots and Portraits
- Louise Williams – Brisbane QLD and touring around Australia (many PSA Speakers use Louise)
- Kerrin Smith – Brisbane QLD (used by many Qld PSA Speakers)
- Allison McWhirter – Melbourne VIC – Great Photographer and many professional portraits
- Prue Aja Steedman – Melbourne VIC – Great photographer – Friendly and fast
- Rebecca Taylor – Melbourne, VIC – Leader in Personal Brand Photography for Entrepreneurs & Teams
- Leesa Geere – JAMHQ Melbourne VIC – Expert Celebrity, Wedding and TV Star Photography
- Blush Creative – Melbourne Headshots & Makeup Mel & jo
- Bluetreestudios – Melbourne, VIC – Professional Photos
- Merry Images – Melbourne, VIC – Corporate Headshots
- Kon – IKON Images – Melbourne VIC – has done many speaker photos
- Max Orter – 1300 MaxFilm Melbourne VIC – email@example.com – Highly Artistic portrait photo specialist
- Simon Vaughan – Adelaide SA – leading photographer for speakers
- Deb Smith Photography– Adelaide SA Headshot Photographer
- Headshots Adelaide – Adelaide, SASpecialists in Corporate Headshots & Photography
Other Australian Photographers for Headshots, Brand Photos and Corporate Work include:
- Eventphotovideo – Australia Wide Corporate Event and Portrait Photography – Based in NSW
- Alise Black – Melbourne VIC & Sydney NSW Corporate Branding & Portraits
- Alex Vaughan – Sydney NSW – Award Winning Celebrity & Actor Portraits
- Lauren O Photography –
- Portrait Store
- Satin Edge Photography – Gippsland, VIC Great Corporate Portraits
- Businessheads Sunshine Coast, QLD Corporate Portrait Photography – Ela
How to Find an Event Photographer In A Hurry
You should aim to capture photos from every large event that you appear on stage to improve your marketing materials.
If your regular photographer is unavailable and you need a photographer on location for an event in a hurry, try these online photographer directories
Tips for Getting Ready For A Photoshoot
- You will probably need a Photo Makeup Artist and a Stylist -usually organised by the photographer
- Work on your Hair & Skin before the photo shoot – You may need a visit to the hair salon or beautician
- Bring a range of On-Brand Clothing (check with your stylist and photographer)
- Get Your Head Right – Use Mindfulness, Be Grounded and Think happy thoughts!