Who are Australia’s TOP Motivational Speakers?
- Need a Motivational Speaker for an upcoming Conference, Workshop or Event?
- Want to boost the engagement, excitement and energy of your team or group?
- Want your audience to be uplifted, energised and entertained at the start or end of a big event?
When you need a Motivational speaker to energise your conference audience – who do you choose?
One of the most POPULAR speaker search terms in Google is “Best Motivational Speaker” – so clearly there is a big need for motivating and energising audiences. EVERY professional conference speaker is expected to be MOTIVATIONAL when delivering their stories and content. But just being a “Motivational Speaker” can also have a negative connotation.
It’s INSPIRATION and TRANSFORMATION Speakers that audiences and conference organisers now seek.
So how can you measure audience Inspiration or Transformation? – It’s really a personal thing to judge the “BEST” inspirational speaker. Different people are inspired by different things.
So let’s ask people that really know conference speakers who they think is THE BEST.
I consulted some of the busiest professional conferences speakers in Australia and many of the best MC’s who work with these inspirational speakers on the big stage at conferences and events.
Here are the results for the MOST inspirational speakers in different categories …
AUSTRALIA’s MOST MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS – OVERCOMING ADVERSITY & SURVIVORS
Speakers that share their story of courage in the face of significant adversity and make their audience feel inspired and alive
- Nic Vujicic – Born Without Limbs
- Dylan Alcott – Paralympian & Wheelchair Tennis & Basketball Champion
- Kurt Fearnley – Paralympian Marathoner
- Sam Cawthorn – Accident Survivor
- Turia Pitt – Ultra-marathon runner survived an outback bushfire
- Warren McDonald – Mountain Climber and double above knee amputee
- Michael Crossland – Cancer Survivor and true Inspiration
- Gill Hicks – Survivor of London Bombing & Peace Advocate
- Carren Smith – Bali Bombing Survivor
- Saroo Brierley – Lost Boy Reunited – His amazing story is told in the movie Lion
- Rabia Siddique – War time courage and Military Hostage
- Li Cunxin – Mao’s Last Dancer
- Samuel Johnson – Logie Award Winner – A story of mental resilience
AUSTRALIA’s MOST INSPIRATIONAL ADVENTURERS
Taking on some of the world’s biggest challenges – these speakers let you share the call of an adventure and conquer hardship
- Mark Matthews #1 – Big Wave Surfer
- Todd Sampson – Body Hack, Adventurer, Gruen and MORE
- Yossi Ghinsburg – Adventurer
- Cas & Jonesy – Explorers
- Daniel Bull – Mountain Climber
- Kay Cottee – Round world Sailor
- Samantha Gash – Adventurer Ultra Marathons
AUSTRALIA’S MOST INSPIRATIONAL CONFERENCE ENERGISERS
The perfect speaker solution to energise your whole conference or re-energise your conference after lunch, after a big night or as a closing finale.
- Amanda Gore – Joy
- Scott Williams – Happiness
- Terry Hawkins – Inventor of Pitman & Stickman
- Robyn Moore – Voice Artist
- Julie Cross – “Sparkles”
- Paul Hanna – Motivational Speaker and Author
- Dr Louise Mahler – Presence & Influence
- Chris Helder – Useful Beliefs
- Dr Justin Coulson – Parenting and Relationships
AUSTRALIA’s MOST INSPIRATIONAL RESCUERS
These Rescuer stories are a rollercoaster ride of challenge & drama with an emotionally uplifting happy ending. An absolute crowd pleaser.
- Dr Richard Harris & Dr Craig Challen – Thai Cave Rescuers
- Peter Davidson – Heroic Rescuer – Sydney to Hobart Yacht race
- Peter Baines – Thailand Tsunami Hero
- Darren Flanagan – “the Gun” – Beaconsfield Mine Rescuer
AUSTRALIA’s MOST MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS ON LEADERSHIP & TEAMWORK
These motivational speakers tell the stories of the leadership lessons learnt in challenging situations – the “crucible of leadership”. Useful for handling the big and small challenging situations that leaders face every day.
- Rachael Robertson – Antarctica Leadership
- Mattina Jewell – UN Leadership under fire
- Rowdy Mclean – Real Authentic Leadership, Challenges & Conversations
- Phill Nosworthy – Advisor on Meaning, Leadership and High Performance
- Peter Baines – Thailand Tsunami Story & Leadership & CSR
- Ita Buttrose – We just love Ita!
AUSTRALIA’s MOST INSPIRATIONAL SPORTS CELEBRITY SPEAKERS – Players & Coaches
Hear the highs and lows of Australia’s greatest sports speakers – lessons on resilience, endurance and ultimately high performance and winning competitions.
- Alisa Camplin – Aerial Skier Winter Olympian
- Anna Meares – Olympian Track Cyclist Champion
- Steve Bradbury -Winter Olympic Gold – last man Standing
- Natalie Cook – Gold Medallist Beach Volleyball and Inspirer
- Brendan Gale & Damien Hardwick – AFL Richmond Football Club leadership (Amazing club turnaround story)
- A range of Sports Coaches – both Male & Female – Rugby, AFL, Basketball etc
AUSTRALIA’s MOST INSPIRATIONAL SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) SPEAKERS
These awesome inspirational speakers are making a big difference to others.
Their stories appeal to the heart, make you feel good and are very uplifting & inspirational. Unforgettable!
- Nicholas Marchesi and Lucas Patchett – The Orange Sky Laundry Guys – for Homeless
- Simon Griffiths – The “Who Gives A Crap” Guy – Toilets for the world
- Daniel Flynn – The “Thank You” Guy – Safe Water for the World
- Peter Baines – Hands Across the Water – Thai Orphanages Supporter
- Graeme Cowan – R U OK? Day founder – Mental Health & Team Care
- Michael Crossland – Cancer Survivor and Haiti Orphanages project
- Rob Edwards – Wellness, Plastic Free Oceans & Fiji Solar Schools project
MOST MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS IN NEW ZEALAND
- Cam Calkoen NZ – Inspirational Speaker – overcame cerebral palsy
- Tony Christiansen NZ – Inspirational Amputee overcoming big challenges
- See also BEST KEYNOTE SPEAKERS IN NEW ZEALAND
INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKERS VISITING AUSTRALIA FROM OVERSEAS
- W Mitchell USA – Inspirational Multiple Accident Survivor
- Alvin Law USA – Amazing inspirer that was born without arms due to thalidomide
- Tony Robbins USA – Transform your life with the #1 Motivational Speaker on the planet
- Alison Botha South Africa – Amazing Inspirational survival story of Rape Victim
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ANY MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS CONTACT your friendly local Speakers Bureau
As a professional conference speaker since 2006 I have now seen 34 of these inspirational speakers present and they are truly LIFE CHANGING. Make sure you hear them speak.
This list is clearly a work in progress and has been compiled for my speaking industry colleagues.
If you have any other worthy suggestions please contact me.