BIG LIST of AUSTRALIAN BEST EVENTS to SHOWCASE your speaking talent and ability – The Platform wishlist for Keynote Speakers.
- Are you ready for Speaker Stardom?
- Do you want to showcase your message to the most influential buyers of speakers?
- Would you like to speak at the Most Leveraged Events on the BEST stages & platforms in Australia?
The BEST EVENTS for speakers are where you can be in front of a room FULL of potential buyers to showcase your keynote and talent. Generally the bigger and more influential the audience – the better it is for the speaker’s future career.
NOTE: There is a LOT at stake at these events, so these are NOT events for newbies or beginner speakers. If you are a NEW Speaker here are the Organisations seeking Guest Speakers
THE BEST EVENTS IN AUSTRALIA FOR SPEAKERS TO PRESENT AT
Showcase your amazing speaking talent at these events in front of a room full of potential buyers & conference organisers.
Please just make sure that you are really READY for your audition in the keynote speaker big league. (If you are a newbie speaker work the breakout rooms and smaller workshops).
- A Speaker Bureau Showcase Event full of buyers or a boardroom of corporate clients
- PCOA Conference – Professional Conference Organisers Association
- MEA Conference – Meetings and Events Australia
- FCA – Franchise Council of Australia (Franchises)
- AuSAE Conference – Australasian Society of Association Executives (Associations)
- Associations Forum Conference – Association Forum (500 Associations)
- PSA – Professional Speakers Australia National Convention (in front of speakers)
- AIME Expo – Australian Incentive and Meetings Exhibition
- EAN – Executive Assistants Network of EAs and PAs
- AICD – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- ABE – Australian Business Event Showcase
- AREC – The HUGE Real Estate Conference in Australia (real estate agents, finance and property people)
- AHRI – Australian Human Resources Institute (HR Managers of all organisations)
- MDRT – Million Dollar Roundtable – for Million Dollar salespeople (finance, insurance etc)
- National Conventions of Large Associations
- Big Conferences of Multi-Nationals or International Associations held in Australia
- Annual Big Events of CEO Groups – TEC, EO, CEDA, The CEO Institute
These particular events can have MANY speakers on the big stage and some have smaller breakout rooms where you can get great exposure to many potential buyers in your target market.
If you do a GREAT job in the workshops or breakouts you may qualify for a slot on the main stage the following year.
BEST EVENTS FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS TO NETWORK & PROSPECT – in order of usefulness
- Anyplace where there are multiple buyers attending. Go get known and find leads!
- Meetings and Events of ANY large ASSOCIATION – full of different businesses
- Chambers of Commerce – Each State (VECCI), Aust/US, Aust/Israel, Aust/France etc
- Expos and conferences at Convention Centres in every capital city – collect names!
- PSA – Professional Speakers Australia – all speakers know stacks of leads for conferences they have previously done! – be nice to a speaker today and they can help you get work!
- CEDA – Centre for Economic Development Australia
- FCA State and National meetings – Franchise Council of Australia – franchisors here!
- AIM – Australian Institute of Management – lots of mid level execs here
- MEA – Meetings and Events Assoc of Australia – venue salespeople and PCOs
- PCO – Professional Conference Organiser Assoc – Mostly PCOs
- EA and PA events – for Exec Assistants
- Leadership Events – full of Leaders – especially “Women in (Industry)” events
- National Accountants Conferences – CPA, ICA etc
- Large Corporate Charity Gala events can be good
- Business Networking Events – can be full of small business salespeople
- Womens Networking events – mostly smaller businesses
TIPS FOR NETWORKING WITH CONFERENCE SPEAKER BUYERS AT THESE BEST EVENTS
DAVE’S BEST NETWORKING TIPS FOR SPEAKERS
- Take stacks of business cards and a pen
- Go with a buddy and introduce each other – “This is (name) – the best …. in Australia”
- Turn up early – meet the event organisers and see the list of who is attending
- Stay late – the best connectors are there at the end
- Practice your pitch as a speaker – “I help audiences …..” ” I assist ….”
- Tell “third party” success stories – “We had a client who ….”
- Ask Q – “Does your company have conferences or events?”
- Ask – “Who else do you know here?”
- If you get stuck with a dud attendee – take them over to speak to someone else. Join 2 into 3 & leave them.
- Collect their business cards and immediately ask to connect on LinkedIn – you could also use your phone to upload and capture the card details.
How much Should you charge to Speak & Showacase at these “Iconic Events”?
Many of these Iconic events will ask you to reduce your fee or speak for “Exposure Only” rather than pay you a FULL speakers fee. Sometimes it may be worthwhile to do that
If you want to know how much to charge for your speaking fee then read the blog on Speakers Fees