How to give better presentations online and virtually
The Corona Crisis has caused a boom in working from home (WFH). Presenters, Leaders, Professional and Speakers suddenly need to be better at online presenting and virtual presentations.
Here are some Tips & Resources that can help…
7 Essentials for Better Online Presentations & Meetings
- KEEP IT SHORT – Shorter Sessions Work Better
- TITLE THAT GRABS – Sharpen Your Titles and Descriptions
- HAVE A HOST – Use A Moderator, Online MC Or Host – A Consistent Face & Voice
- BE INTERACTIVE – Interact with Attendees – Use Attendee Chat Early And Often
- CAMERA – Use A Good Quality Camera And Look At The Lens
- SOUND IS CRITICAL – Audio Quality – Consider A Background Nose & Room Acoustics and Use A Better Microphone.
- PRACTICE! – Require Online Presenter Run-Throughs using YOUR Event Software (e.g. Zoom.us)
Remote Speaking, Webinar & Online Presentation Experts
These experts can help you deliver better online presentations and virtual events
- Roger Courville – Oregon USA – The Virtual Presenter http://thevirtualpresenter.com/
- Warwick Merry – Melbourne, Australia
- Marquesa Pettway – USA – Zoom Expert
- Gina Carr – USA – Video Expert
- Julian Mather – Brisbane, Australia – Get Smart Video
- Dan Burrus – Futurist USA – has been presenting virtually and holographically for many years
Useful E-Books and Resources for Virtual Presenters
Roger Courville has developed these great e-books for virtual presenters..
Useful Tips and Tools for an Online Presentation or Virtual Speaking
- You need Quality Audio and Video and good Wifi – Get Lights and Recording Equipment – We recommend Pacific Hi Fi NSW
- Use a good Camera
- Have a Backdrop – NOT too busy
- If it’s a critical event – Use a specialist Studio that is set up for live streaming (see below)
Simple Tips to improve Your Online Presentation
- Stand DON’T Sit to improve your presenter energy
- Ensure the Camera is at eye height – More face Less chin!
- Use a Notepad like a whiteboard – Show intimacy with Pen and Paper
- Use small Props to show don’t tell
- Go Slower and Use more Humour
- Watch and listen for audience feedback
Resources for Presenting Online
Facebook Groups for Online Speakers & Presenters
- Facebook Group – Remote Speaking – by Alan Stevens UK (Private Group for speakers only) – wow!
- Facebook Group – Remote Work Productivity – Technology & Mindset Tools – by Robert C Robertson NZ
- Facebook Group for Zoom users – Leveraging the Zoom Platform to Grow Your Biz by Marquesa Pettway
- 2020 Best Virtual TALENT & Presenters for Online Events & Virtual Conferences
- 2020 Hot Webinar TOPICS During The Corona Crisis
- 2020 Guide To Australian Conference Speaker FEES (updated for Corona Crisis)
- Biggest MISTAKES made during an Online Presentation or Webinar
- LIVESTREAMING Resources for Virtual Conferences & Meetings during the Corona Crisis
- BEST RESOURCES & Strategies for Speakers & Presenters during the Co-Vid19 Corona Crisis
This Blog is provided as a service to all my colleagues in the Speaking, Events and Conference industries. Please contact me if you wish to have any alterations or ideas for a better Online Presentation.
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & Big Hat
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Online Workshops, Webinars and Coaching on Business Strategy, Sales and Service using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
NEED HELP ? – NEXT STEPS
- Would you like to discuss your presenting or speaking business?
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or online event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me here on LINKEDIN or FACEBOOK
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.presentationskillsacademy.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved