Who are the TOP Australian Master of Ceremonies for Your Conference or Virtual Event? Big Dave’s 2021 List
by David Staughton CSP CCEO, Keynote Speaker on Business Growth in Tough Times and Expert on Small Business
- Need a Professional MC to help your conference or event run smoothly?
- Want a Master of Ceremonies to make your Awards Night special?
- Need a Professional Master of Ceremonies (M.C.) for your next event, meeting or convention?
Here is the 2020 list of the BEST Master of Ceremonies in Australia.
Organising a successful event or conference is a really big effort. Many conferences cost over $100,000 and some beyond $1 million to run. All that time, money and sheer hard work means that a LOT is at stake. It’s also really critical that the event run smoothly with one of the best Master of Ceremonies you can get.
Hiring a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) will ensure that the event is seamless and runs to budget but coordinating the “on-stage show” needs a skilled Master of Ceremonies (or MC).
A great MC will make the task look easy – introducing speakers and thanking people – but it is not an easy role. It also requires planning and attention to detail. The ability to smoothly handle minor problems and major event disasters. Solid knowledge of audio visual technology is handy too.
My background of 15 years and doing 2000+ events as a venue owner in the wedding industry taught me the importance of a running a timely schedule and the important role of a “Master of Ceremonies” (MC) to keep the show on the road.
Types of Masters of Ceremonies
There are three main types of Master of Ceremonies (MCs) for events:
- Celebrity MCs – Personalities from media, TV, radio, sports and even famous ex-politicians can command audience respect – for example Larry Emdur, Andrew Daddo or Winter Olympian Steven Bradbury
- Comedian MCs – Usually famous stand up comedians and comics that do (mostly) clean comedy and keep energy high – for example Marty Wilson or Scott Williams
- Corporate or Business MCs – Specialist MCs that are humorists (but not offensive) and specialise in running seamless business style events.
BEST CORPORATE MCs in Australia (Female)
- Jordana Borensztajn – VIC – MC, Social Media Expert and Humourist
- Bernadette Schwerdt – Professional MC & Panel Facilitator
- Yvonne Adele – VIC – Conference MC and Speaker
- Helen Mac – Highly professional MC
- Robbie Mack – Available via Speaker Bureaus
- Kate Burr – Professional MC and Award Winning Comedian
- Zara Love (See below)
BEST CORPORATE MCs in Australia (Male)
Here are some of my favourite Australian Corporate MCs that I would strongly recommend to make your conference or event run smoothly
- Andrew Klein – NSW – Professional Conference MC
- Toby Travanner – Corporate Conference MC and very funny guy
- Darren Isenberg – Witty Corporate MC
- Troy and Zara Love – VIC Amazing Conference Hosts & Duo (Great Talk)
- Anthony Laye – QLD – Mentalist and Corporate Comedian – Great MC!
- Warwick Merry – VIC – Master MC and exhibiting expert
- Pete Miller – NSW – Specialist Wedding and Event MC
- Timothy Hyde – NSW – Corporate MC and magician
- Nigel Collin – VIC – A great host, interviewer and conference MC
- Patrick Duffy – MC, Actor and Improv expert (Book via speaker bureaus)
- Marty Wilson – NSW – Australian Comedian of the Year and great funny MC
- Scott Williams – Super Clean Comedic MC and happiness expert
Pictures of the Best Corporate Master of Ceremonies in Australia
BEST Virtual MCs & Online Hosts for Online Events and Virtual Conferences
Since the Corona Crisis – many virtual conferences are now seeking a great Virtual MC – here are some…
- Warwick Merry – Online Event Host & Virtual MC – CSP & CVS – Australia’s Zoom Expert
- Andrew Klein – Popular Online MC & Virtual Event Host – Klein Online
- Toby Travanner – Corporate Conference MC
- Marty Wilson – Online Host & MC
- Anthony Laye – Virtual MC
- Jason Clarke – Online Facilitator
- Peter Merrett – Online Host
- Sally Foley-Lewis – Virtual MC
- Jordana Borensztajn – Virtual MC
Look for a Certified Virtual Speaker – CVS (from E-Speakers or other organisations)
Please AVOID Using Amateur MCs or Internal Staff as your Event Host
Having attended hundreds of conferences since starting on the speaking circuit in 2006, I have seen lots of different styles of Master of Ceremonies – some formal, some casual, some funny, some good and some NOT so good.
As a speaker, I have seen some absolutely terrible MCs in the past – one dead pan guy thought it was hilarious to ridicule and abuse all the company management team when introducing them. Always hard to recover your talk after a really poor start like that!
As a consequence, please avoid using or hiring amateur MC’s or people who just THINK they are funny.
Make the Most of Your Conference or Event Investment by using a Professional & Experienced Conference Master of Ceremonies
A professional MC can also help add more value to your conference by:
- Acting as conference ambassador to promote the event by posting live on social media
- Making videos to market the event or as a follow up to the event
- Collecting “Vox Pop” from the audience to promote next year’s event
- Interviewing exhibitors and sponsors – live or on screen/video
- Being a panel facilitator
- Running a “hypothetical” session
- Interviewing someone famous or successful from the audience (On the couch with…)
Check out my other blog on THE ROLE OF A MASTER OF CEREMONIES
Consider using the COMPLETE CONFERENCE PACKAGE – hiring Dave to MC and mentor your internal presenters and facilitate more interactive attendee sessions.
For further information or to book any of these great MCs call your friendly speakers bureau.