How to be a better Speaker by using more Humour, Comedy and Laughter in Your Presentations
- Would you like to be a funnier presenter?
- Need to add more laughs and interaction to your presentations?
- Want to charge higher prices for your speaking fee and get more spin-off?
You have found the right Blog! – Being more humorous, adding fun & laughter to your presentation is ESSENTIAL for a professional speaker. Many speakers who have added more humour found they got higher fees and more spin-off work. (Yay!)
You’ll get better audience responses and your message will be more memorable if you can just MAKE EM LAUGH.
Many stand-up comedians are now doing very well on the speaking circuit. Nobody wants a boring speaker.
As the late, legendary speaker bureau consultant Ron Tacchi used to say “You don’t have to be funny as a speaker …. Only if you want to get PAID!”.
These laughter and comedy experts can help you master this valuable skill.
YOU CAN LEARN TO BE FUNNIER! – Learn to tell and act out your own FUNNY stories and anecdotes on stage.
Showing funny videos and pictures sourced from the internet CAN also get a laugh – but in reality – that’s NOT your content and you really should have COPYRIGHT permission for using those.
Humour Coaching & Comedy Development for Professional Speakers
Who can help you add more humour to your presentations? – These experts….
- Kate Burr Humour Coaching – Adelaide, SA
- Fiona McGary – Grow With Humour – Gold Coast, QLD
- Ben Horowitz – Comedy coach for Speakers Melb VIC
- Marty Wilson – “More Funny, More Money” online course former Australian Comic of the Year
- Pete Crofts Humourversity Melb, VIC
- Rodney Marks & sons Joshua & Benjamin Syd, NSW
- The Sit Down Comedy Store in Brisbane – Stand Up Comedy Workshops Bris QLD
- School of Hard Knock Knocks – Comedy School Mel VIC (Ben Horowitz and Morry Morgan)
- Improv Conspiracy – Improv Comedy Workshop Mel VIC
- Doug Stevenson USA – Get More Laughs (Visits Australia)
- Tim Gard USA (Visits Australia)
- Lou Heckler USA (Visits Australia or in Florida USA)
BEST Books to Add More Comedy, Humour and Laughs to your Presentation
Australian Speaker and Comic of the Year – Marty Wilson has written a great book about using more humour in your speaking.
More Funny More Money by Marty Wilson
This book by David Nihill also has some great tips about being a better and funnier speaker.
Do you Talk Funny? by David Nihill
2 CD Set – Get more laughs by Doug Stevenson
GET MORE LAUGHS by Doug Stevenson – A bargain for just US$5
This CD Set is packed full of 29 comedy tips to make your presentations more humorous. I found it really useful. Available from Doug here
COMEDY MISTAKES TO AVOID
Some regular stand-up comedians get into trouble at corporate conferences. Generally this is because the material has been OFFENSIVE and decidedly NOT FUNNY.
- Abusing or Heckling the CEO or upper management team at an large corporate event is NOT advisable. As is OFFENDING an audience member from a very tightly connected group – the whole audience can turn on you.
- Using Off Colour or Foul Language is also likely to offend some of the audience in an association or corporate event and should be avoided. Any use of profanity will probably be fed back to the conference organisers, management and speaker bureau. Very few professional speakers have the ability to swear like Gary Vaynerchuk and get away with it. Don’t do it!
- Anything Sexist, Racist or NOT PC is clearly NOT acceptable these days and especially since the rise of the #metoo movement! Avoid it at all costs.
It is always safer to use your own clean material and self-deprecating humor can be good too.