A 2020 PLANNING CALENDAR for Speakers & Presenters – Busy & Quiet Times For Conferences & Events In Australia
by David Staughton CSP CCEO, Keynote Speaker on Business Growth & ‘Growth Habits’ and Expert on Small Business
- Would you like tips to plan your year as a Speaker?
- Want to know how to do your speaker marketing to get more gigs in quiet times?
- Need to manage your speaker income better by planning ups and downs in demand?
Like all industries, there are busy and quiet times in the Conference and Speaking industry. and you can use a Speaker marketing calendar to plan your year and your marketing in advance!
As a general rule in Australia :
BUSIER SPEAKING months are Feb, March, August, October & November (i.e. non-school holidays)
QUIETER SPEAKING months are January & School Hols like Apr (Easter hols), Jun/July and September.
You can create and use a Speaker MARKETING CALENDAR to help grow your Speaking Business.
Clever marketing can help to fill up your the quiet times in your Calendar. You could do niche events for other speakers, professionals and solopreneurs in the off-season months.
ANNUAL EVENTS CALENDAR FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS – A SUMMARY
- Corporate Business Conference months – the busiest months for business conferences are Aug & Oct – i.e. NOT in School Holidays. (however, some Franchise Conferences & Small Business Groups do prefer the school holidays to go to tropical destinations)
- End of School holidays esp Jan – has School PD curriculum days
- End January/Feb – has strategic retreats, Uni “O Week” and business planning events
- Winter – has many Charity fundraisers
- June – some Departments have a budget to be spent by 30 June (props)
- July – a New financial year – new financial budget – repitch past gigs
- August – Australian Roadshow Tours month (Retail/Finance)
- Sep – Sports nights happen post season
- Safety Week Season – accident, rescuer and safety speakers
- Cup Season & Xmas Function Season – great for entertainers
- BIG Expos and Events seasons vary by industry seasonality
A DETAILED EVENTS CALENDAR FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
Visit www.ourcommunity.com.au to Find all the special Event WEEKS & Days to promote
- Sales Team Kick Offs and Strategy Planning Retreats
- Education PD Days
- Strategy Retreats
- Aust Tennis Open
- Australia Day Events
- Chinese New Year Events
- Strategy & Planning Days
- International Womens Day Events
- A BUSY month for conferences – Book your speakers early!
- Aust Grand Prix Events – Entertainers & Celebrities??
- National Youth Week – Promote young Leadership Events
- Anzac Day Celebration Events –
- Secretaries Day / Office Professionals Day
- Australian Heritage Week
- Educational PD Days (optional)
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival (Stand Up)
- Busy month for Charity fundraisers
- National Sorry Day – Indigenous Events
- Spending Last of Financial Year Training Budgets
- Federal Budget Events? – economy / business focus
- Charity fundraisers
- Spending Last of Training Budget – Paying for Events in Advance
- New financial year budgets – repitch past gigs
- NAIDOC Week – Indigenous celebrations
- National Farm Safety Week
- Educational PD Days
- Australian States Roadshow month for Retail & Finance Industry
- Busy month for Charity fundraisers and conferences – especially Tropical conferences
- National Science Week
- Sales, Strategy & Planning Days
- Offshore Incentive Trips (based on good end of June results)
- National Skills Week
- R U OK Day – for Mental Health Speakers
- Sports night post season for Sports Speakers and Comedians
- AFL Grand Final events
- Mental Health Week
- BUSY month for conferences – Book speakers early!
- Educational PD Days (varies by state)
- Safe Work Australia and Safety Week (National and State)
- October Business Month (NT Govt)
- Business Month for many States – Statewide Business Events
- International Men’s Day – November
- Racing Season Entertainers & Celebrities
- Xmas Season Entertainers – book early!
- SEND Christmas recognition– cards, gifts, particular recognition to VIP clients
EVENTS & PROGRAMS YOU CAN PROMOTE TO YOUR CLIENTS
- Womens Leadership Programs & Events
- Youth Leadership Programs & Events
- WHS/Safety Programs & Events
- Corporate Wellness programs – Mindfulness
- Harmony & Diversity programs
- Educational PD Days – Jan, July and October (depends on your State)
- Industry and EA/PA Events – send invitations to industry events
ABOUT David Staughton CSP & BIG HAT
David “Big Dave” Staughton is an Award-winning Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) with over 15 years of professional speaking & consulting experience. He is a past board member of Professional Speakers Australia and an advisor to a large Australian speakers bureau.
Big Hat Professional Services provides Online Workshops, Webinars and Coaching on Business Strategy, Sales and Service using Certified Speakers and Trainers.
NEED HELP ? – NEXT STEPS
- Would you like to discuss your presenting or speaking business?
- Would you like to discuss your plans for an upcoming conference or online event?
- Maybe an online consultation to discuss a challenging issue?
Book a “1 on 1” Session with Dave for an Online Meeting
If you would like to read more NEW BLOGS for growing your business or more information about the speaking & conference industry please sign up to the e-newsletter or connect with me here on LINKEDIN or FACEBOOK
You can also download some of the FREE E-BOOKS available here.
If you would just like a chat or have any suggestions for this website please call David on 0408375100 or contact us
www.presentationskillsacademy.com.au © David Staughton 2020 – All rights reserved